Useful Online Resources
Useful Phone Apps
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 860.345.8541 x3213
- Monday-Friday during Lunch/Activity period
- Before/After school by appointment
Useful Online Resources
- Desmos: online graphing calculator
- Geogebra: a dynamic mathematics software for all levels of education that brings together geometry, algebra, spreadsheets, graphing, statistics, and calculus in one easy-to-use package.
- Khan Academy: - a great resource to use as you prepare to take the SAT
- College Board Question of the Day: Supports preparation for the SAT by providing a sample SAT question everyday for students. **Did you also know that you can link your PSAT scores to Khan Academy for an individualized SAT prep program?!
Useful Phone Apps
- Wabbitemu: TI Graphing Calculator for your Android Phone… Go to Play Store and search for Wabbitemu (it's FREE!).
- Remind: Remind allows teachers to safely and efficiently communicate with students & parents about important classroom information and school activities. In order to sign up to receive messages, students should see Mrs. Adamczyk for the class code.
Welcome to Mathematics! Listed below are guidelines & policies that are important and necessary for a successful experience in your math class this year. Please read them carefully.
Homework: This is an essential ingredient in all math classes. All weekly assignments will be posted on my teacher webpage
which can be accessed through www.rsd17.org. You will generally be assigned homework 3-4 nights each week. Homework assignments will vary in length depending on the specific curriculum topic being studied. The problems assigned for homework are selected carefully, so it is important that you make every effort to complete or make a solid effort on each one.
I believe that homework is a place for practice of new learning. That said, it is essential that you complete all assignments on time so that we can catch any gaps or areas of weakness well in advance of any assessments. Homework, which be scored on a scale of 0-4 points, will account for approximately 5% of the course grade.
If for some reason (other than illness) you are unable to complete an assignment on time, you need to make it up as soon as possible. For missed assignments/classes, you should plan to come in during lunch or before/after school to get help if needed to complete them. Credit for this makeup work will be given upon completion (within 1 week of due date). Keep in mind that missed assignments will make it very difficult for you to keep up with the material.
Khan Academy assignments: Khan Academy assignments will be given on a regular basis (goal achieve 75% on each skill set). At times, skill sets will be given to supplement student needs. In either case, deadlines are provided. However, time extensions are allowed for students who need additional time to achieve 75% correct on skill sets.
Timely completion of assigned work is your responsibility.
Work hard and take pride in your work.
Take responsibility for your learning!
Absences: If you miss a day of class, YOU are responsible for the following:
- Check the website assignment calendar for the class lesson/assignment
- Upon return to class,
- Hand in the previous day’s assignment
- Get the notes from a classmate
- Get any handouts from the missed class
- Arrange for makeup quizzes or tests.
** If you miss only the review day for a test or quiz, you will be required to take it the day you return to school. Lunch/Activity period or before/after school are your options. For extended absences, other arrangements will be made. Refer to the HKHS student handbook.
**Please be sure that you are familiar with the school’s policies with regard to tardies and unexcused absences. It would be a
shame to lose credit after working so hard.
Grades: Your grade will be based on a variety of activities including homework, tests, quizzes, projects, journals, and labs.
Calculators: You will need a graphing calculator for the work we do in our class and MUST bring it to class EVERY day! I
recommend you purchase one of the Texas Instruments TI-83+, TI-84, or TI-84+ models. These calculators will be appropriate for all math classes at HKHS.
Cell Phones: Cell Phone use for personal reasons is not permitted in this class. However, there may be times when cell phone
use will be permitted for academic purposes. If you choose to use your cell phone at any other time, you will be asked to put it away. If there are any issues, it may be taken and kept until the end of the day. Repeat offenses will result in parent contact and administration involvement.
Assessments: Mathematics is a cumulative subject, so it is very important to master skills as they are studied. To support this goal, there may be times when students will be given the option to retake a test. To be eligible to retest, students must have completed all assignments for that unit, complete test corrections for that assessment, and come in to review the corrections with the teacher,
Extra Help: Extra help is available to any student before school, during the lunch/activity period, or after school.
Arrangements should be made ahead of time and you are asked to come prepared with questions of specific topics that you would
like reviewed. Please understand that the lunch/activity period is often used for meetings and is also a very popular time for extra help sessions. Therefore, it is probably not the best choice for individual help, but you are always welcome to stop by. Also, do yourself a favor and do not wait until the last minute to get help!
I would prefer that all tests and quizzes be done in PENCIL. Stock up now!